Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Revelations 1:9

Ignite IBS
Revelations 1:9
I, John, your brother and fellow partaker in the tribulation and kingdom and perseverance which are in Jesus, was on the island called Patmos because of the word of God and the testimony of Jesus.

 The first twenty-something times I read this, I didn't really understand why John was on Patmos. Patmos is a rocky, barren, prison island. I just kept reading it as John chose to be there. Then it dawned on me. John is there BECAUSE of the word of God! He's there because he was exiled there. No matter what we may face, wether it be prison, beating, or even death, we shall never deny that we are followers of Jesus. That Jesus is our king. I think it's really cool that it says "partaker in the tribulation and kingdom and perseverance". Tribulation is what we face here on earth, the kingdom is Heaven, and perseverance in Jesus is how we get there.

Application.
I talked to my dad last night and I can just tell that he is struggling with me being gone. So I'm applying this by having perseverance through the uncomfort and praying that God will bring peace to my dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment