Wednesday, August 30, 2017

John 12:26

Ignite IBS
John 12:26
If anyone who serves Me, he must follow Me; and where I am, there my servant will be also; if anyone serves Me, the Father will honor him.

I love how it says, "he must follow Me". We have to follow Jesus to serve Him. Look at it as, "Anyone who serves Me must follow Me." Where God sends us, we need to respond. Being in Ignite has deffinitely assured me that I'm right where He wants me to be. I was pushed by God to come here. It wasn't an easy decision. It wasn't just a random, "oh yea, sure, I'll go". It was a difficult goodbye. I left my home, my family, my stuff, I pretty much left everything except my clothes, my headphones, and my Bible. I had to get nitty gritty with myself. I had made the decision not to come, and honestly, I was at peace with it but God just put it on my heart again and I knew I needed to.  You see, God doesn't need me, I need God. I can humbly say God is pulling me closer to Him. I'm choosing to follow Him and to serve Him. Anyone who's reading this back at home that had the oppurtunity to come and didn't, this next thing is for you. You dont have to come to Guatemala to find God. God is omnipresent. Just because God called me here, doesn't mean he called you. We are equal at the cross. I'm not perfect in any way. One thing I fear is getting back home and my family and friends expecting me to be some super religious, structured guy. I'm still Roaren. Yes, I'm changing but I'm still me. I'm still just a man and I don't look down on anyone who made the decision to stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment