Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Ephesians 5:15-17

Ignite IBS
Ephesians 5:15-17
15 Therefore be careful how you walk, not as unwise men but as wise, 16 making the most of your time, because the days are evil. 17 So then do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is.

What stuck out to me in these verses is the "making the most of your time" part. I think there's so many times that we just sit around and wait on God, when really God wants us to get up and live our life. When we just sit around all-day every-day, we're so much more vulnerable to sin. After all, the days are evil. Another part that caught me is where it says "be careful HOW you walk." Yes we should be careful where we walk, but I think more importantly, how we walk. If God is for us, who can be against us? If we have our firm foundation in Christ, then what place can throw us? I'm not saying put your Jesus head on and walk into satanic temple. What I'm saying is that when we have Jesus deep in our hearts and minds, then when we come across worldly things in our everyday life, we won't be shaken.

Application.
Im going on another music fast for a week and a half. When I first got here, we started a music fast for 2 weeks. But I just did it because I was told to. As soon as I got my music back, I noticed I started worshipping the music instead of God. Even in Christian music. So I've decided to not waste my time with the music and just let it be quiet and focus on the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment