Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Luke 3:14

Ignite IBS
Luke 3:14
Some soldiers were questioning him, saying, "And what about us, what shall we do?" And he said to them, "Do not take money by force, or accuse anyone falsely, and be content with your wages."

This one is pretty simple. Be content. That's the message here. It's so simple but hardly anyone actually applies and uses it. I know that I'm not always content with my life. Being in Guatemala is really opening my eyes to how real the world is and how much of a Gringo I really am. I get in a tiff with myself over stuff that is so stupid and then I look around at the people here. For instance, Roxanne, one of the cooks, walks here every morning and walks home up hill at night. She's a 41 year old short Guatemalan lady and has a daughter that's 7. She is the coolest, sweetest lady. She really likes me and I give her a hug every morning. The other day I was talking to her and I asked her "Do you know Jesus?" and she said with a spanish accent "Yes. God is good with us but we no good with God." It was just really cool to hear her say that. I can tell God is working on my contentment and I know it's just started. Which leads to my application.

Application.
I'm going to give (or sneak) Roxy 200 Q (Guatemalan money).

No comments:

Post a Comment