Wednesday, August 16, 2017

2 Corinthians 10:5

Ignite IBS
2 Corinthians 10:5
We are detroying speculations and every lofty thing raised up against the knowledge of God, and we are taking every thought captive to the obedience of Christ.

One thing I've really been working on is taking every thought captive. I've really never even considered it. It's kinda weird saying it but we have think about our thoughts. We have to pray that our thoughts are honoring our Father and when one creeps in that is not of God, we have to literally take it captive and ask God to get rid of it. We can not shoot those thoughts down on our own. Here lately, I've been being tempted alot by my flesh. Being tempted about everything it seems like but when I have a thought or temptation that is not of my Father, I have to rebuke it, sometimes outloud, in the name of Jesus. When I was a kid, my grandma (MeeMee) told me that you can use the name of Jesus like a weapon against evil. I was riding in her car and she said, "Like this!" and she started swinging an imaginary sword around yelling, "JESUS JESUS JESUS JESUS JESUS!!!!!". Me and my brothers always kinda made fun of it, like yelling it in the intense part of a horror movie while flinging our arms around. But I am forever grateful she taught us that because I'll tell you this, it works! There have been several times that I could just feel dark spirits around me and I would think back to my MeeMee, so I would try it and immediately start feeling the darkness go away. Evil has no power against my Father! Evil has no fight against my Jesus! Just like Keith Wheeler said, everybody says that darkness is spreading across the world, but darkness doesnt spread, darkness is just light fading, the absence of light. So call evil out in the name of JESUS! There is power in the name of Jesus!

Application.
My application for this is to call my MeeMee and just thank her for teaching me how to call on the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment