Wednesday, August 9, 2017

1 Timothy 6:6-8

Ignite IBS
1 Timothy 6:6-8
6 But godliness actually is a means of great gain when accompanied by contentment. 7 For we have brought nothing into the world, so we cannot take anything out of it either. 8 If we have food and covering, with these we shall be content.

So when I read this, what popped in my mind is all of the stuff that I have. I have everything I need. I have a great family, a roof over my head, food on the table, shoes on my feet, a job, a car, a dirtbike, a sportbike, shoot man I'm in Guatemala right now serving the Lord. And yet I still get ungreatful! How can I be ungreatful?! I get ungreatful about the stuff that I don't have rather than be greatful for the stuff that I do have. Everything in this world is just temporary. I know you've probably heard that like a thousand times, but just think about it. "We cannot take anything out of it" When I go to heaven, I don't get to take my car, I don't get to take my money, I don't get to take my dirtbike, I get to take nothing. I'm sitting here typing this with my headphones on and the song "Who I Am" by Frank Foster just came on. There's a part in the song where it says "they brought me up right, taught me love and when to fight, and how to tough out" It just makes me think about my parents. That is how they raised me. It makes me thankful for my family but more than that, it amazes me that God has blessed me with such people that helped shaped me into Who I Am. And with that, I am content.

Application.
Write down 3 things that I'm conent with.

No comments:

Post a Comment