Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Psalms 111:10

Ignite IBS


Psalms 111:10
The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom; A good understanding have all those who do His commandments; His praise endures forever.

 
What do you think of when you hear the word "fear"? I think of words like afraid, scared, and panic. I think alot of people misunderstand the term "fear the Lord". I used to not understand it. I used to always think of it like this, how can you love cliff diving if you have a fear of heights? How can you love your dad if he abuses you? It just never made since to me. How can I love God and fear God? But The Bible isn't talking about a fear that is deadening, but talking about a healthy fear. A clean fear. A respect. Like the verse says "A good understanding". Psalms 19:9 says "The fear of the Lord is clean, enduring forever; The judgements of the Lord are true; They are righteous all togethor."

 

Application.


I'm going to ask Collin to pray for me to have and keep a healthy fear of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment