Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Hebrews 11:6

Ignite IBS


Hebrews 11:6
And without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him.

 
When I read this, what do I think? I think about the word "impossible". The verse says it is IMPOSSIBLE to please God without faith. When people tell me something is impossible, I have a hard time grasping what they mean. People (including myself) use the word so much in a illiteral sense that I have become numb to its actual meaning. Everybody knows what "impossible" means but I wanted to go deeper. So I looked it up in the dictionary. Impossible: not able to occur, exist, or be done. Therefore without faith, the pleasing of God will not exist. Period. Lets go further in to the verse. It says "he who comes to God must believe that He is". This part stumbled me a bit. That He is what?? The answer to this lies in the verse. It's simple. He Is! He exists, He is possible! Not only is He possible, he has already proved Himself time and time again!

 

Application.

I have 2 applications for this. First, I'm going to watch the way I use words, so that when The Bible uses them I can soak it in better, fully understanding it! Second, to go to God with whatever I have and accept His rewards He has for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment