Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Hebrews 11:1

Ignite IBS


Hebrews 11:1
Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.

 
So here's the question. What is faith? It is the subject of the whole verse. The core. We know that it is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. But how do we understand that? I looked up the deffinition of faith in the dictionary and found this. The deffinition of faith is "Confidence or trust, Religous belief, loyalty". Faith to me is more than just a deffinition though. As humans, to understand faith, we have to live with and through it. Practicing it everyday and not putting it off. Just like the first word says. "Now". It's the timeline. The base. The "When". Let your mind grasp the time of "Now". Not tomorrow. Not 2 thousand years ago. NOW!

 

Application.

I know it was a test of faith for me to come to Ignite, but that's not the end. I still struggle with faith. I mainly struggle with faith when I don't hear God or see Him, when He is silent. So today I'm working on putting feet with my faith. Being ok when I feel God is silent. Not getting down or doubtful when I don't get the goosebump feeling I want. After all, faith is the conviction of things NOT seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment