Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Luke 8:22-25

Ignite IBS


Luke 8:22-25
22 Now on one of those days Jesus and His disciples got into a boat, and He said to them, "Let us go over to the other side of the lake." So they launched out. 23 But as they were sailing along He fell asleep; and a feirce gale of wind descended on the lake, and they began to be swamped and be in danger. 24 They came to Jesus and woke Him up, saying, "Master, Master, we are perishing!" And He got up and rebuked the wind and the surging waves and they stopped, and it became calm. 25 And He said to them, "Where is your faith?" They were fearful and amazed, saying to one another, "Who then is this, that He commands even the winds and the water, and they obey Him?


 
"Where is your faith?" That was the part that caught me. Put yourself in the disciples shoes for a sec. Jesus is on your boat in the middle of a storm...sleeping. That would deffinitely be a test of faith for me. Jesus was on the boat but wasnt doing a huge miraculous thing, and the disciples freaked out. Jesus was present but silent. Jesus knew what was going on but chose to be still. It really just goes to show that God is on His timing, not ours. I know I struggle with faith when I don't see God doing a huge miraculous thing in my life or in the people around me, when He is present but silent, when Jesus knows whats going on but chooses to be still. I need to focus more on what God DOES and HAS DONE rather than what He ISNT DOING or DIDN'T DO. Theres an older country song that says "Thank God for unanswered prayers." That has stuck with me for a while. I feel people pray for the things THEY want over the things that God wants for them. Think about it, if we got everything we ever asked for, we would be miserable. I'm not saying it's wrong to want something, I'm saying it's wrong to put your wants over Gods plan for you. We need to pray out of faith, pray out of trust, and pray for what the capital "G" GOD has for us.

 

Application.

I'm going to apply this to my life by praying outloud with one of the guys today about living through faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment