Wednesday, July 26, 2017

James 1:5

Ignite IBS


James 1:5
If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you.


 
I think there's times when we have trouble asking God for things. It's like we think we're setting ourselves up for disapointment because we might not get what we want. Or maybe we think the things we're asking for are unjust. As humans, there's gonna be alot of things that we lack, and alot of things that we pray for, but at the same time there's gonna be unanswered prayers. But this verse says that anyone who lacks wisdom should ask God and it will be given. I think it's wise to ask God for wisdom. Tonight I witnessed a great thing on wisdom. Me, some fellow interns, and some PFA staff went on an outreach to the emergency room here in Guatemala. Before we left I prayed that God would give me wisdom on this outreach. We were handing out bread with beans, coffee, and some church invtes to the people in the waiting room and we would also ask the people if they wanted us to pray with them. There was this old man with a cowboy hat in the waiting room. Matt walked up and gave him some bread and moved on. At first I passed on because he looked kind of intimidating. When I passed him, Matt looked at me and said "Are you gonna pray with him?" I looked back at him and was still scared to pray with him but I shot a quick prayer up to my Father and just prayed for the right words to say to this Guatemalan man that I could barely speak with because I barely speak any spanish. I walked up and said "Puedo orar por ti?" (Can I pray with you?) and he took his hat off and said "Si senor". I told the man that I speak "Poquito" (small amount) spanish and that I would pray in english. He looked at me and said "Dios no espanol, Dios no ingles." (God's not spanish, God's not english.) Just saying to me that God has no language barrier, that God understands every language so it didn't matter what language I prayed in. I got a staff member to interprate some of what he was saying and why he was there. He was there beause his wife having some sort of blood clot in her arm. We bowwed our heads to pray and I was about to start but he cut me off and just started balling and crying out to God in spanish. He opened his prayer with "Padre Dios". I've heard alot of spanish prayers in the almost three weeks that I've been here but nobody has opened it with the words "Father God" like this man did. He was passionate about it. After he finished, I prayed for him and his wife and stood up and told him "Dios La bendiga" (God Bless) and went on my way. I was walking around thinking about that man and what had just happened. What would have happened if I had not prayed for him because he was "intimidating". The blessing would of been missed on his and my part. I have no doubt God set that up. God gave me the wisdom I asked for and put me to the test.

 

Application.


I'm going to get on my knees and pray for the people I met at the outreach and ask God for wisdom every night this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment