Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Matthew 8:9-10

Ignite IBS


Matthew 8:9-10
"For I also am a man under authority, with soldiers under me; and I say to this one, 'Go!' and he goes, and to another, 'Come!' and he comes, and to my slave 'Do this!' and he does it." 10 Now when Jesus heard this, He marveled and said to those who were following, "Truly I say to you, I have not found such great faith with anyone in Isreal."


 
What really stuck out to me in this verse was the first part. "For I also am a man under authority". That was good for me to hear. It was humbling. It took me more than a few "read and re-reads" to get the verse. As soon as I started to understand it, my dad popped into my mind. As the son of a business owner, I see my dad work and be in authority of his men, telling them where to go and what to do. The main thing I see about my dad in that sense is that he has someone in authority over him, Jesus. I work for my dads company, so not only am I his son, I'm also one of his men. Just like I have faith that my dad will point me in the right direction as I drive off from the shop in the service truck, my dad has faith that God will point him in the right direction for his family, business, finances, and so much more. God has been working on my heart with 0obeying His authority and having faith that He will shape me into the leader He wants me to be. Because to be the best leader, you must first be the best follower.

 

Application.

I'm going to apply this to my life by consciously following God and have my room mate (Sam) to keep me accountable by telling him how I did for 5 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment