Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Mark 10:4

Ignite IBS
Mark 10:4
Simon the Zealot, and Judas Iscariot, the one who betrayed Him.

The one who beterayed Him. When I read that, this thought hit my brain. "That's how everyone looks at Judas". I feel like when people think of Judas, they don't think of him being a follower of Jesus, they just focus on him being a betrayer of Jesus. Now I'm not defending his actions of beraying Jesus, I'm just saying that everybody has. When you sin deliberately, you betray Jesus. When you turn your eyes and make something else your god, you betray Jesus. There's this one song, I can't remember the name of it, but it says, "O my soul. O my Jesus. Judas sold you for thirty, Id've done it for less." I heard that song and it really made me self-analyze. At first the song bothered me but the more I thought about it, the more it didn't bother me because of the honesty. The part that we have to see is that it's not an excuse to sin. It's a reason not to! That's where we pray and ask God to cleanse us and make us bold. That's where you ask yourself, "Am I willing to sell my Savior for _________?" You fill in the blank. Judas was and did. And although that's how everyone sees Judas, I really do hope to see him in heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment