Friday, February 9, 2018

Psalm 18:26

Ignite IBS
Psalm 18:26
With the pure You show Yourself pure, and with the crooked You show Yourself astute.

So my Bible is a NASB (New American Standard Bible) version. Other versions say something different than the word "astute". I read it and had no idea what it meant. The verse before says, "With the kind You show Yourself kind; with the blameless You show Yourself blameless" and then it says the one about the pure above. So when I read that I thought to myself, "Well God can't deal crookedly with somebody.". I borrowed some data on Sarah's phone and looked up the deffinition of the word. The deffinition of "astute" is having or showing an ability to accurately assess situations or people and turn this to one's advantage. So what this verse is saying is with the crooked, God sees the crookedness and uses it to show Himself. When I figured that out, it made me think of my life and how I was to how I am now. I was crooked. I was not okay. I had a God shaped void in my life. God came to me and wrecked me. God took my breathe away. God washed me away. The reason I didn't say He washed away my sins is because He did so much more than that. All I was was sin. God washes away sin and if all I was was sin than God just had to wash me away completely and build a whole new Roaren. I know I'm still human and I'm still a sinful creature but the mercy and grace that God's shown me is beyond me. I'm writing a song called "Bleed For Me". It's about my inner disgust and inner sin, yet God still loves me with all of His heart. God has been and always will be astute with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment