Friday, March 16, 2018

Mark 7:9

Ignite IBS
Mark 7:9
He was also saying to them, "You are experts at setting aside the commandment of God in order to keep your tradition.

I'm going through the Gospels and one thing that's been on my mind alot lately is how real Jesus was when it came to calling people out. Sometimes when I read, I'll come across somethinng that Jesus says to someone and I think to myself, "Wow...that was brutally honest.". But the more I think about it and the more I think about Jesus' purpose for coming down to earth (Luke 9:56), the more I understand, love, and appreciate the brutal truth that Jesus said. Jesus knows our hearts and Jesus knows exactly where we're at in life. Take for instance this verse above. Jesus wasn't saying this to be rude, He was saying it to bring to attention the dark, deep problems that these Pharisees and scribes had. Was it harsh? You're dang right it was harsh! But Jesus knew that that was exactly what they NEEDED to hear even though it wasn't what they wanted to hear. Jesus shut them up just as He did to alot of other people (Luke 20:26). Now, I'm not saying these things to make Jesus sound rude or cruel, I'm saying these things to show that sometimes being brutaly honest and telling the harsh truth is exactly whats needed in peoples lives. I believe it's really important to have these people in your life. People that will call you out no matter what the circumstances are. Wether you agree or don't agree with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment