Sunday, December 17, 2017

Matthew 14:29

Ignite IBS
Matthew 14:29
And He said, "Come!" And Peter got out of the boat, and walked on the water and came toward Jesus.

I read this and it makes me think. Attempting the impossible to get to Jesus. Jesus told Peter "Come!", and Peter came. Peter walked on the water. Peter did the impossible with Jesus. So how can I pull anything out of this? Well the main part that hits me in this is the one word that Jesus says, "Come!". When Jesus said to me "Come!", I thought to get there was impossible. I thought, "10 months out of my life, away from home, family, and friends? Haha. HECK NO!" I think the thing scared me the most was just the thought of two words, "Being away". I'm away. Simple as that. I'm away from my family, my friends, my oklaHOMEa. But Jesus saw me and said, "Come!". It goes back to that everytime. He said, "Come!". So I pushed past the fear of being away. I pushed past the guilt of feeling like I'm leaving my family. And I came! And has it been life changing? Yes. Has it been all unicorns and rainbows? No. But when it comes to my Jesus, I'll attempt the impossible to get to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment