Sunday, December 17, 2017

Exodus 10:21

Ignite IBS
Exodus 10:21
Then the Lord said to Moses, "Stretch out your hand toward the sky, that there may be darkness over the land of Egypt, even a darkness which may be felt."

A darkness which may be felt. I first read that in Guat when I went through Exodus. When I read it, it caught me and hung on to me. I've thought about it alot, wondering if God is saying just physical darkness that is so dark that you can feel it, or spiritual darkness that your soul can feel. Lately, I've been thinking alot just about my life. What I've been through. The pain that I've come out of. The loves that I've lost. Thinking about that goes in turn with this verse for me. I've had a darkness that I coud feel. I think that's why the verse has hung on to me for months, I've been their and there's no real way to explain that feeling, just to say that it really is a darkness that you can feel. As I write this, I'm listening to a song called "Dissolve" by Being As An Ocean. There's a lyric in the song that says, "Anxious for loving embrace to dissolve this ache I felt". That explains everything for me. I was so anxious for the loving embrace to dissolve the ache I felt. I remember literally screaming at God to help me and drive out this darkness that I felt. Looking back, I know that God used that darkness and that pain to put me right where He wants me. My Father showed me the loving embrace that I needed and could only get from Him. You see, God never left me. God is omnipresent. God heard every prayer, every scream, every cuss word, and every cry that I poured out to Him. He used His perfect timing to show me why I needed that ache and why I needed Him more. Because as He speaks, the ache I feel, it dissolves.

No comments:

Post a Comment