Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Philippians 3:9

Ignite IBS
Philippians 3:9
and may be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own derived from the Law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which comes from God on the basis of faith,

I love how it says, "not having a righteousness of my own derived from the Law". So many christians think that just because they know so much about the Bible that they are a higher christian than those who don't know as much or any of it. The man next to Jesus on the cross didn't know much, if any, of the Bible, he just surrendered to Jesus in his last breaths and ascended up to heaven. All children of Christ are equal. Just a few words later in the verse it nails it on the head and shows the alternative. "The righeousness which comes from God on the basis of faith". This reminds me of my sister. She is 22 years old and has special needs. She is mentally about the age of a 5 year old. She has such an amazing relationship with Jesus! She prays all the time, and constantly just talks to God. The funny thing is she has never read a page of the Bible. At church, she doesn't stand and lift her hands or pay attention during the sermon. She sits quiet in her seat and colors one of her million coloring books. She has just such the simple mind set of, "Well, I love Jesus". Now you can and I have had people argue with me about her relationship with God is because she was raised in a christian home. I can promise you that that's not true. I've known her for 18 years. I say that's not true because her brain isn't intelligent enough to put a mask on like that. She doesn't just do it because it's "the right thing to do". She does it because she loves Jesus and will tell it straight to anyones face.

Application.
Pray that God will help me have the child-like faith that my sister has.

No comments:

Post a Comment