Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Mark 1:35

Ignite IBS
Mark 1:35
In the early morning, while it was still dark, Jesus got up, left the house, and went away to a secluded place, and was praying there.

What can I pull out of this verse? The theme this week is discipline. So what we can pull out is even Jesus had to have discipline. Even though Jesus never sinned or did anything wrong, He still disciplined Himself. This reminds me of my fellow Ignite intern, Ali. She felt like God was telling her to get up at 4:30 in the morning to read the Bible. She kept putting it off and off until one day she decided to Nike motto. She said that since she did, God really just blessed her day so much and rewarded it.

Application.
Tomorrow, I am going to get up at 4:30 to read my Bible and prepare for my morning devotion. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment